Wednesday 26 October 2016

Using Halloween in the Classroom

So Halloween is this Monday, and that receives mixed reviews from those in Australia. Some consider it a good excuse to get dressed up and have some fun with friends, while others consider it to be an American holiday that should not be celebrated in Australia. I fall somewhere in the middle, I don't make a point to celebrate most years, but I don't dislike it.

Australian students also fall somewhere on this spectrum, often depending on what their parents think. However most kids are happy with anything that's a little bit fun and different.

In my classroom I like to switch up a couple of activities for Halloween themed ones. For example instead of my normal task cards I use themed Halloween ones. Students are still practising their numeracy skills, but I get to be the fun teacher for a bit!





No comments:

Post a Comment